16-19 Tuition Fund Statement
The Education and Skills Funding Agency 16-19 tuition fund has been allocated to the college in 20/21 to help support small groups of young students aged 16-19 who have yet to achieve a grade 5 in GCSE English and/or Mathematics. The tuition fund is additional to the main college funding. This funding is targeted specifically to address the potential attainment gap caused by the COVID-19 pandemic in Maths, English or other courses where learning has been disrupted due to Covid-19.
St Mary’s College will use the Tuition Fund to help deliver revision classes to small groups (5 or less) of targeted students ensuring that students without a GCSE English/maths grade 5 have access to English and Maths tuition above and beyond their study programme entitlement.
All sessions will be subject to the usual auditing requirements and the College’s Quality Assurance processes with records of attendance kept for all additional classes.
The College is committed to ensuring the tuition fund is used in accordance with the Government’s guidance on the 16 to 19 tuition fund by:
- producing this statement setting out how the fund will be used to support the most disadvantaged students
- publishing this guidance on the College website
- recording the use of the fund, including references to individual students who receive support, the needs of those students, the number of hours of tuition delivered and retain the evidence of the tuition provided
- deliver the extra tuition and spend the allocated funds in the academic year 2020/21
- notify the Education Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) of any underspend from the Fund for it to be reclaimed
Please click here to view the statement.