St Mary’s College seeks to provide a challenging, high quality, education whereby all members of the College community can grow as balanced individuals, morally, intellectually and emotionally.
To be an exceptional college through delivery of excellence in all aspects of our work, in order to realise the ambitions of our learners and support our local community.
The 4 Strategic Aims are:
- To focus on delivering exceptional teaching and learning, placing the student at the heart of the college.
- To work in collaboration with the ESFA, supporting the college operationally and financially in the delivery of the highest quality education provision.
- To value professional development and nurture an environment in which every employee can make a difference to the student experience.
- To maintain the trust and integrity of the college through honest and open communications with our students, staff, stakeholders and the wider local communities we serve.
The Governors, staff and students of St Mary’s College value:
- The importance of each individual as the focus of all the College’s endeavours, regardless of race, colour or religious background.
- The background of each person, and the importance of providing opportunities to pursue individual journeys.
- The provision of a safe, happy and harmonious environment built on respect, tolerance and understanding.
- Outstanding academic rigour, providing consistently excellent teaching and learning, and the raising of aspirations of each learner, enabling our students to reach their full potential irrespective of their academic ability.
- The provision of outstanding academic and emotional support for learners.
- The commitment to nurture learners who are independent, motivated, principled and open-minded, through the provision of study and enrichment opportunities and facilities which develop creativity, imagination and integrity.
- The opportunity to develop skills that will enable learners to contribute to the economic regeneration of Pennine Lancashire.
- The opportunity to encourage and equip each member of the College family to make a positive contribution to society at a local, national or international level.
- The preparation of each individual for the next step in their career, whether continuing in education or employment.