St Mary’s College is a Roman Catholic College operating under the trusteeship of the Marist Fathers.
We base our philosophy on the true Christian values proclaimed in the gospel and seek to provide a challenging, high quality, education whereby all members of the College community can grow as balanced individuals, morally, intellectually and spiritually.
To be the first choice provider of outstanding education to learners across Pennine Lancashire.
The Governors, staff and students of St Mary’s College value:
- The Marist heritage of the College with its long-established focus on service, duty and justice, with the example of Mary, mother of Jesus, as our role model.
- The importance of each individual as the focus of all the College’s endeavours, regardless of race, colour or religious background.
- The spiritual background of each person, and the importance of providing opportunities to pursue the faith journey.
- The provision of a safe, happy and harmonious environment built on respect, tolerance and understanding
- Outstanding academic rigour, providing consistently excellent teaching and learning, and the raising of aspirations of each learner, enabling our students to reach their full potential irrespective of their academic ability.
- The provision of outstanding academic and pastoral support for learners.
- The commitment to nurture learners who are independent, motivated, principled and open-minded, through the provision of study and enrichment opportunities and facilities which develop creativity, imagination and integrity.
- The opportunity to develop skills that will enable learners to contribute to the economic regeneration of Pennine Lancashire.
- The opportunity to encourage and equip each member of the College family to make a positive contribution to society at a local, national or international level.
- The preparation of each individual for the next step in their career, whether continuing in education or employment.