St Mary’s College is a Roman Catholic Sixth Form College with approximately 900 full time students aged 16-19 and over 400 adult learners.
The College was founded by the Marist Fathers who remain the Trustees. It is a Catholic College but we celebrate our inclusivity and welcome students and staff from all backgrounds and faiths. The success of the College is clear to see not only in the achievements of our students, but also in the developing campus. We can claim to provide education from ‘the cradle to the grave’ having nursery and adult provision with no upper age limit! Our core business remains the 16-19 provision of a wide range of curriculum subjects offered at Levels 1, 2 and 3, Essential Skills out in the local community and in the provision of a variety of undergraduate programmes linked with Liverpool Hope University and UCLAN.
We are indeed a vibrant and forward looking College. Over the recent years we have seen tremendous campus development.
Committed and inspirational individuals are invited to apply for the following posts:
Senior Estates Officer
The Salary will be paid on the Sixth Form College Support Staff Pay Spine Scale Point 28 – 30 currently, £22,267 to £23,615 per annum. This is a Full Year, Full time post working to the general weekly pattern.
- To oversee and Co-ordinate The Premises Team and The Community Security Officer
- To take an active and significant role in ensuring the security of the College campus, the College staff, students and visitors
- Ensuring the efficient and effective running of the college estate
- To ensure we are compliant with all Health and Safety Policies and Legislations and to carry out risk assessments where necessary
- To assist in ensuring all College policies relating to Health and Safety, Estates and Security are adhered to by all staff, students and external visitors
- To liaise with contractors and external suppliers as appropriate
- To assist the Vice Principal in identifying resource needs and advising, where appropriate, on the most efficient / effective use of physical resources
- Commitment to the College’s Mission and Ethos
- A supportive approach to the needs of young people, able to adopt a sensitive approach to any potentially difficult situation
- Experience / understanding of Estates Management
- Experience of / ability to line manage staff
- Awareness and Understanding of Health and Safety Legislation
- A clear awareness of the importance of campus security in its widest sense
- Willing to be flexible in terms of working arrangements / duties
- Able to remain calm under pressure
Required to develop and maintain a coherent and fully integrated Chaplaincy provision which helps to support and underpin the College’s Marist Ethos and to carry out its Mission.
Salary will be paid on the Sixth Form College Support Staff Pay Spine, Point 42, currently £33,429 per annum pro rata which equates to an actual salary of £22,794 per annum. This is a term time only post working 30 hours per week.
Community Security Officer
The Salary will be paid on the Sixth Form College Support Staff Pay Spine Scale Point 18 – 19 currently, actual salary £14,131 – £14,399 depending on experience.
This is a Full Time, Term Time only post working to the general weekly pattern:
Monday – Thursday 8:30am – 4:10pm, Friday 8:30am – 2:30pm
St Mary’s College are currently recruiting for a Community Security Officer to work at our campus based on Shear Brow in Blackburn. Duties will include interaction with the college students, staff and visitors. Assisting with reporting and following up on student absences.
To be successful in this role, you should have security experience, with a positive attitude, good communication skills, good presentation, the ability to work under pressure, keeping calm in emergency situations, and the ability to work on your own or in teams.
It would be advantageous for you to demonstrate previous experience of working within an education setting, have a First Aid qualification and hold a current SIA license or be willing to work toward this.
Teacher of Sport 0.8 to be worked over 5 days
(with the possibility of increasing to full time)
The College is looking to appoint a part-time teacher to deliver BTEC Level 3 Sport to commence in September 2018, or sooner if possible. The successful applicant will be an enthusiastic practitioner and a team player, keen to contribute to the development of sport and the success of our sports courses.
Applications are welcome from newly qualified teachers who will be supported in their first year. The Salary will be paid on the Sixth Form Colleges’ Salary Scale actual salary £17,696 – £30,201 p.a.
Closing Date: Tuesday 20th February 2018, 12:00pm.
If you wish to apply for any of these roles, please contact
Laura Cain, Senior HR Advisor on 01254 580464
St Mary’s College is committed to equal opportunities and the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults and therefore all appointments are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service clearance as well as other safer recruitment checks.
Full Job Details and Application