As part of this Level 1 programme, learners will follow a structured programme of study including:
BTEC Level 1 Introductory Diploma in Vocational Studies
Learners will study a range of vocational sectors, examples of units include, being organised, developing a personal progression plan, working with others, researching a topic, serving food and drink, contribute to running an event, exploring local attractions, making healthy snacks when caring for people, keeping active and healthy and Contributing to the Community.
Units will enable the development of:
1. Transferable skills including communication, working with others, problem solving, managing information, self-management and development
2. Core skills – skills required for further studying
3. Sector Skills – skills required for further studying and employment
Alongside Level 1 Vocational studies, learners will continue to study both Maths, English at relevant levels as well access a bespoke tutorial programme which includes; building confidence, values and ethics, developing relationships, independence, healthy living and enterprise activities and promoting access within the local community.
Suitability will be assessed through application and interview.
• Primarily post 16 learners
• Learners with an Educational Health and Care Plan in consultation with the Local Authority
• Learners working at Entry Level
• Learners requiring a small supportive learning environment.
How will I be assessed?
Vocational Studies is 100% coursework. It is designed around practical skills and tasks that place an emphasis on learners demonstrating what they can do.
Learners will be assessed via the following methods;
• Practical Tasks
• Log Books / Work books
• Reflective Journals
To achieve a Pass Learners will complete routine, simple and
directed tasks fully under the supervision, guidance and direction of the class teacher.
To achieve a Merit/ Distinction Learners may be expected to complete tasks in greater detail or with greater confidence and independence.
Where does it lead?
Once you have completed the BTEC Level 1 in Vocational Studies, you will be supported via your tutor, Vocational teachers and Student Guidance to make informed choices regarding your future.
This may include progression to Level 2, employment, further education and training, supported internships/employment.