As part of this Entry 3 programme, learners will follow a structured programme of study including:
BTEC Level 1 Extended Certificate in Entry to Vocational Studies
Learners will study a broad introduction to a range of generic skills required for progression and employment, examples of units are; Skills for Learning, Team Challenge, Finding out about a topic, Financial Awareness, Going on a Visit, Communicating with People, Managing Time and Making an Event a Success.)
Units will enable the development of:
1. Transferable skills including; communication, working with others, problem solving, managing information, self-management and development.
2. Core skills – skills required for further studying
3. Sector Skills – skills required for further studying and employment
Alongside Entry Vocational studies, learners will continue to study both Maths, English at relevant levels as well access a bespoke tutorial programme which includes; building confidence, values and ethics,
developing relationships, independence, healthy living and enterprise activities and promoting access within the local community.
Suitability will be assessed through application and interview.
• Primarily post 16 learners
• Learners with an Educational Health and Care Plan in consultation with the Local Authority
• Learners working at Entry Level
• Learners requiring a small supportive learning environment.
How will I be assessed?
Vocational Studies is 100% coursework. It is designed around practical skills and tasks that place an emphasis on learners demonstrating what they can do. Learners within this qualification can achieve a pass or merit grade.
Learners will be assessed via the following methods;
• Practical Tasks
• Log Books / Work books
• Reflective Journals
• Oral/Written Presentations
Where does it lead?
Once you have completed the BTEC Entry 3 in Vocational Studies, you will be supported via your tutor, Vocational teachers and Student Guidance to make informed choices regarding your future.