The Governors, staff and students of St Mary's College value:
- The Marist heritage of the College with its long-established focus on service, duty and justice, with the example of Mary, mother of Jesus, as our role model.
- The importance of each individual as the focus of all the College's endeavours, regardless of race, colour or religious background.
- The spiritual background of each person, and the importance of providing opportunities to pursue the faith journey.
- The provision of a safe, happy and harmonious environment built on respect, tolerance and understanding
- Outstanding academic rigour, providing consistently excellent teaching and learning, and the raising of aspirations of each learner, enabling our students to reach their full potential irrespective of their academic ability.
- The provision of outstanding academic and pastoral support for learners.
- The commitment to nurture learners who are independent, motivated, principled and open-minded, through the provision of study and enrichment opportunities and facilities which develop creativity, imagination and integrity.
- The opportunity to develop skills that will enable learners to contribute to the economic regeneration of Pennine Lancashire.
- The opportunity to encourage and equip each member of the College family to make a positive contribution to society at a local, national or international level.
- The preparation of each individual for the next step in their career, whether continuing in education or employment.